Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armoloy of Ft. Worth?
 Login/Join

posted
Anybody used Armoloy coating? Want to do some kind of plating on a matte blue action.
Thanks!

I like blowin' big holes in stuff...

Posts: 49 | Location: E. TN | Registered: 25 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did this to two actions ten years ago and was not happy at all. I doubt that the same people are still involved now. Ask Jerry Stiller who does his Armaloy plating .

I would check on the pistol sites under this subject -lots of interesting new stuff out there.
But check out an example of the work before you buy to make sure that this is really what you want to do .

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure the people who do it are very experienced in plating guns !!

posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll check with Jerry!

I like blowin' big holes in stuff...

Posts: 49 | Location: E. TN | Registered: 25 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to try Metaloy as it has been applied to handguns for many many years and the owner is a professional pistolsmith who has applied this finish to many rifles too. Try www.originalmetaloy.com

Posts: 3059 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I had my benchrest rifle Armolloyed in Texas, but do not remember for sure which city the supplier was located in...AM sure though that it was either Ft. Worth or Houston.

In my particular instance, the work was flawlessly done and I am exceedingly pleased. Still, that was put on 14 years ago, so the current business may or may not have any relation to the one which did the application for me.

Must say, mine still looks as good as new, and it was shot at least one day a week every week for 7 years.

My suggestion is to go unannounced to see some of their work, if you live close enough to make that practical.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a couple of rifles done years ago. The finish never peeled but it was not as corrosive resistant as others give it credit.
I admit I didnt take special effort to care for it and after one hunt I waited a few days to wipe down the metal and I was met with lots of light pitting all over the barrel and action.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote