Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy 6 PPC Paper Puncher
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted
Was at a gun shop today and came across a Scarcy 6 ppc bench rifle. Haveing not played with the bench boys I still like the idea of owning a range rifle, or set one up for the wife to shoot paper. This one was left bolt, right ejection port, bbl, benchrest stock...wouldnt know who's stock. (fiberglass) bases and rings. Didnt have time to ask to many questions about it, sooo does anyone know anything about the Searcy action. What would it be worth and are they top flight actions for a paper punching gun for the wife? Mostly interested in your thoughts on the action then the rest of the gun! Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the action wasn't made for long if i remember correctly. it seems to be well made but i don't believe many got into shooters hands so it never was popular. i don't remember what they sold for but i seem to recall is wasn't out of line with the other custom actions of the day.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Trying to find anything on the net is darn near impossiable. but should I want one of Searcy's double rifles...well Wink. I take it they are from the same Searcy? I'll have to find some time and go back and take a better look at it.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
srtrax,
Yes, They were made by Butch. There were three models if I remember correctly. I do not remember the selling price but I am sure you could call Butch and ask him. He can probably give you all the info you are looking for.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's one for sale now, or was recently, on one of the websites...maybe Guns Intl?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found it. Search "Searcy" on Guns International. It's a Searcy Model 85 in 6mm PPC. Just reduced to $1,399.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Found it. Search "Searcy" on Guns International. It's a Searcy Model 85 in 6mm PPC. Just reduced to $1,399.

Interestingly, Cabela's is selling it through Guns International... here's the G.I. listing: http://bit.ly/w0Uv8I

Cabela's listing (same photos too): http://bit.ly/yUKqXl

Regardless, lots of photos.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 776 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Biebs. Dont think its the same action...I dont remember (doesnt mean it didnt) have the recoil lug up front like a remmy, and I do remember Searcys name in sizeable letters on the left side. Anyone here have one or in the past own one? I'll have to go back and have another look, it has set on the shelf for a couple years I know!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has been selling on Guns Intl for some time now. I believe they may limit it to used and/or trade in firearms. Dave Powell restricts listings of NIB guns on his site, as he doesn't want it to be another "catalog dump" site, where dealers just list every model in every caliber, whether they actually have them in stock or not.