THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: The best stainless action f�r DGR custom gun?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: The best stainless action f�r DGR custom gun?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd have to second the bid for the Winchester M70. When set up right they feed flawlessly, Kind of like Savage 99s Win Pre 64 375 H@H that he let me try out. I really liked that rifle and figure that the new M70 with a little tuning could be made just as reliable. Also accurate and comfortable to shoot. I thank him for the invite to shoot, We should do it again sometime. By the way, My MRC actions in left hand i am still waiting for so can't comment on them. I pray they are worth the wait. Swede96.

Posts: 87 | Location: Woodbury, Ct. 06798 | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother in law purchased the first .376 MRC rifle. I know because he had to pay extra for the reamer. MRC will be happy to use the brand new reamer again and build you a stainless rifle.

Good Luck

PS

I have three stainless model 70's and they work just fine.

Posts: 83 | Location: ND | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Danny Pay,

I have built both my DGR on Dakota 76 actions, and am very happy with both.

They have been to Africa many times, never experienced a single bit of trouble with either.

Posts: 68677 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hi
thanks for replies,but i am sorry i don't know who is making MRC actions and can't find information on the internet!would you please tell me about it.
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Saeed
Thanks for your reply . Does Dakota actions are stainless or Cr,moly v steel. I have heard many good words about them . i guess they are very like win M70"pre 64" but made with high grade steel alloys.i plan to build a custom and it would be a little rifle either in 376 styer or 9,3x62"unfortunaly the later is not allowed in all african states"
regards
danny

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Danny,

Both my actions are stainless.

Posts: 68677 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny, you will find MRC here:

http://www.montanarifleman.com/

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks joe
i got it and visited their site ,but don't found any price information.
regards
danny

one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny, I think the actions are right at 450 but you might want to drop them an email to make sure.

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the pricing page, I just found it on the new site.

http://www.montanarifleman.com/longaction.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, how did you get stainless M76 actions? I don't see any listed on the Dakota website.

Thanks

Will

BTW, awesome Tanzania video!