Find
Notify
Tools

Ongoing 11 Month Project: In The Glue!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted
I was going to wait until I had the whole thing finished but I cannot resist. This is one of my projects I just bedded home...
 -

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Roger,

Looks like a Mauser, but is it one set-up for a "blockhead"? [Wink]

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
What is a "blockhead".

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
From the looks of the stock it appears the shooter would have to be a 'Blockhead' to be able to shoot it! [Big Grin]

He was just razzin' ya!

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Well at least that biochemistry class was good for something!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
DOH!

Ok I see it. The stock looks that way because it isn't all there.... [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger....your last statement would cover a lot of people who post here. [Wink]

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Roger,

The stock looks like the adjustable part is missing (assuming that is what is not shown).

I was making a word play on two levels: first on the rectangular cut-out, and what would fit in there; and second on "wood on wood" wooden head on the wood for stock weld.

Or anyway, I thought I was. [Wink]

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Details, my man. What large caliber is that big barrel? Looks like nice work.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that's a Danish Mauser it should be set up for a squarehead. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Todd,

When I am done..."all things come to those who wait".

one of us
posted Hide Post
I love it! College Chemistry books at last have a good use, plus that clamp from the chemistry lab is earning it's keep also!!!

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Mr. Ricks, you be nice now...I know you are one of "those engineer types". [Smile]

I must admit I did sneak into one of the labs to borrow the clamp and stand. It does work just as it was designed too by the way. I couldn't grow a third hand quickly enough (another project I've been working on in the lab) so I used the clamp.

Wait until you see how I did surgery on a sorbothane "Kick-Eez" recoil "pad". Visualize sorbothane at -85 degrees F, a new drill bit and a 1/2 inch drill motor.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We have a liquid nitrogen tank on the site, holds about 20 gallons. I have thought of dipping the pads into the liquid nitrogen prior to shaping. But, just my luck that it would get too cold and shatter into 1000 pieces.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote