Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for an Anodizer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted
I need a shop that can type III anodize two lowers for an AR15. Anyone have any suggestions.
Anodizers in my area have just about dried up do to environmental regs.

Either that or I'm going to use baking lacquer as a last resort

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Pioneer metal finishing in Minneapolis

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Good luck using an outside source. You'll probably have to find one that's an FFL. Or, send it to a local FFL to handle. Contact some paintball shops for a source.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact Victor at US Anodizing.

victor@usanodizing.com

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
call Marshall Gregory at Center Mass Supply tomorrow, 559-905-8556. he's a buddy of mine, his father in law has an annodizing company and they do all kinds of stuff. Marshall does custom paint jobs on ar's, if he can't get you taken care of I'm sure he'll at least have good info for you.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you ask me Kerry?
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
No Butch I didn't But if you know someone I'm all ears.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G.Hansen:
Just curious... with all of the more durable 'coatings' available, that are superior to 'anodizing,' why the choice of anodizing? Even Leupold won't 're-anodize' any of their products, when it wears out or turns color.

Good thread and good luck!!

Not to knit pick but... One type III anodizing is the single most durable finish you can have on aluminum.
Two there is a reason why you should not re anodize a part that is a very close tolerance.
Every time aluminum is striped it losses a little bit of the raw aluminum itself making the part smaller in dimension.

I've kicked around the bake on stuff even professionally applied. I just don't have any confidence in what is more or less a paint.

But to everyone thanks I'm going to pursue these leads and pick one that will work with me

www.KLStottlemyer.com