New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parts Schematic, Marlin Mod 38
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have access to assembly/disassembly, parts schematic for a Marlin Mod 38 in 22Lr.

I have one that is missing parts that I can't figure out. What is missing is the lifter parts. I ordered what Gun Parts call the lifter but it is not the correct part.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=082Zz38

Maybe nothing at all, but here's the schematic.According to my sources, M38 used to be M32 when introduced in 1915 but renamed M38 after the War 1921-1930. r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray

Thanks for your reply. That is where I ordered # 20K, lifter/carrier.
The part that they show and sent goes in the the breech bolt and requires that the front be slotted for it to travel through. My breech bolt is solid.

I have searched the internet for about 9 months with no luck in finding any pictures.

James

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.kaisershousemilitaria.com/gp-marlin.html

More Marlin M38 parts.....email these guys, maybe they have a schematic.....r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Bob at ,( 501)-767-1970www.gun-parts.com I have gotten hard to get Marlin parts from him, before.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray

Thanks again. I had not tried them. i will give them a call.

Rolland

Thanks, I have contacted them. At this time replacement parts are not priority as I don't know what I need.

The Mod 38 was a replacement for the Mod 32. Some of the early guns were assembled from Marlin- Rockwell Corporation parts. This rifle is not marked as such but parts that I have gotten in are not correct. This is why I need a picture/schematic to compare it to.

James

one of us
posted Hide Post
One last plea.

James