New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOCOM MFG AR15 Lowers
 Login/Join

<KBGuns>
posted
Has any one built an AR15 on one of these lowers?

Diamond Lower

If so what was your impression of the quality?

Kristofer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I put an AR together for a friend of mine using the SOCOM lower. I wished I would have spent the extra $ and bought one for myself instead of the DPMS lower. My buddy chose the red( looks more like dark pink), but i think the silver would have been cool looking. Quality was evident, like they say they are CNC machined not forged or cast. I would think the tolerance are a lot less with this kind of manufacturing. all in all I thought it was worth the extra $, aspecially if your building a "good looking" rifle.

Posts: 94 | Location: Tri-Cities, WA | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
The thing looks like a damn bank vault with all those re-enforced areas. And the finish on them in the pictures looks aswsome. I would go basic black myself. Thanks for your reply.

Kristofer

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carverelli:
like they say they are CNC machined not forged or cast. I would think the tolerance are a lot less with this kind of manufacturing.

ALL forgings, castings, and billets are machined to final dimensions. The machining can be manual or CNC. Regardless, even castings need at least a little bit of finish machining. Forgings need a lot more, and billets need to be 100% machined (by definition).

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look nice but I'd put my money into a better barrel and float tube if you want performance and not just good looks.

Posts: 1524 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
I want both. Preformance and looks are body and sole of firearms. Only accurate rifles are intresting. Like wise only good looking firearms are intresting. One with out the other is pointless and a waste.

Kristofer

[ 04-14-2003, 23:54: Message edited by: KBGuns ]