Find
Notify
Tools

Great American Gunstock Co.- AVOID !
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
I've dealt with this schlock outfit twice, bad experiences both times, particularly the latest:

I ordered a British Express pattern almost 4 months ago, paid for it in advance. To make a long story short, they took my money, after 2 months of ignored phone calls and emails claimed they didn't have one like I wanted but would make one in a higher (more expensive) grade, agreed to send a refund but instead sent a different pattern from what I ordered, probably thinking I wouldn't know the difference, and ignored me for another month after I returned the stock requesting a refund. It was only after I threatened them with a mail fraud complaint that I received an email saying I didn't deserve the "high quality" product they offer anyway. Finally received a refund check today- minus double the shipping charges for the wrong stock they sent which I had to return.

The first stock I ordered several years ago was a Frieschutz Classic. The first one they sent was very rough, with deep gouges in the surface and overruns in the inletting which made it unusable, worthless. When I returned it for an exchange, I received another that was only slightly better, still not usable for a decent stock. I ended up filling the gouges with epoxy and using it for a pattern to make another stock.

The clown who runs this place (Henry) has a real attitude, bad telephone manners and even worse email, when he bothers to respond. Never again.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear of your problems with henry and his crew. i started dealing with him when he started in business and only put adds in gunlist.got smoked by him two times. cost me money and ill will with my customers. i live on the east coast and he lives a bit far away to go and see. on every forum when some one asked about him i told the truth and ended up getting chastised by others, so i shut up. i have been in the gun business over twenty years and he is one of the two that ever screwed me over.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
Dick's microfit are even bigger losers than GAG - don't even get me (and many others) started on those ass clowns. THe truth is, there is no competant source of semi-inlets. There is a prime market opening for someone who is skilled in both inletting and business sense.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've gotten 3 good sticks of wood from Richards Microfit. I had to do a good bit of reworking since they didn't really look like the picture of the Old Classic. Good wood for the money though. I've posted pics several times before, but if you like I can again.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote