Find
Notify
Tools

Jard Mauser trigger review
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted
I have never read anything here about the Jard trigger, so I thought I would do a quick review for those who may be looking for a new trigger. I am putting together a new rifle for a long range shooting class that I will soon be taking, using a Zastava 98 action with a Shilen #5 contour barrel in .308 Win. I had several triggers around, a Timney and a Jaeger, but they just did not have the crisp letoff no matter how much I adjusted them. I looked for a Canjar but they are just as hard to come by as they were when they were in business. I had seen the Jard triggers in Brownells catalog for a long time and decided to try one. I ordered the 22 oz. version with side safety. The trigger is well made and nicely finished, I installed it as sent and it had a little creep in take up, a minor adjustment on the sear engagement took care of that and I have to say, I am very impressed with the crisp let-off. I cannot get the sear to slip no matter how hard I cycle the bolt or whack the action with a rubber mallet. I called Jard and ordered another one and they were extremely helpful in giving advice which included the information that the pull weights can be changed by switching out the spring that they will sell you for the princely sum of $5 ! The springs are available in 12,14,19,22,26,28,and 36 oz. versions. I ordered a 12 and a 14 oz. along with another trigger even though I am satisfied with the 22 oz. that I have, I figured that for $10 extra I could afford to experiment. In these litigious times, it was refreshing to deal with a company that was so helpful with advice and parts for the customer. They make triggers, with and without side safeties, for most of the popular guns and you can buy directly from them for about $10 more than Brownells discounted price, but they are faster on shipping. I am extremely satisfied with their product!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to know, thanks for posting.

To you have a picture of the trigger mounted on a rifle in the trigger guard?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1490 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote