New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1910 Mexican Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If you had a M1910 Mexican Mauser complete reciever, then what would you do with it?

So far, here is what I am looking at.
1 - Bold Optima trigger @ $33.56
1 - Brownell's Replacement Shroud @ $43.65
1 - Boyd's Sportsman Rifle Stock @ $52.95
Total Cost so far - $130

Any suggestions on caliber? I am thinking 22-250 or 6mm AI

Barrel makers? E.R. Shaw?

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The best thing you could do is sell it to me. I am out of them. I have recently built a .284 Winchester on one and the last one is being made into a .257 Roberts for my daughter. This one has a Shilen barrel on it as I trust a Shaw barrel like I do the plague. But let us not get that going again. Do a search for Shaw and see how many people are unhappy with them. I am also going to get some Blackburn bottom metal for it. I have some hinged Swedish but do not like the shape of it and she is getting spoiled regarding rifles and keeps refering to MY BRNO model 22 in 7X57 as HER rifle.

I would have someone surface grind the action, suspecting that you are not going to sell it to me. [Smile] Have it drilled and tapped for mauser scope bases. Install a new bolt handle and a two position Precise Metalsmithing Enterprises safety.

BTW, 7x57 fits in this action very well.

[ 10-24-2003, 05:37: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Great rounds for the Mexican include: 250-3000, 6.5x55, 7x57, 308.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Customstox,

The idea of selling it, possible. However, I do have another one, however it is not complete. And it needs to be heat treated. It has been drilled and tapped for scope mount. Let me know if you are interested in the incomplete reciever.
The person I got it from found it in a burned out mobile home. I had it tested for rockwell hardness, as I remember it didn't even make it onto the scale.

As for my complete reciever, I went to a gun shop to look at what was available. He had a box of 284 available, it fit like a dream. So now I am thinking about a 6 or 6.5/284.

OK, so E.R. Shaw is out the door. Anybody have a good deal on a shilen or douglas? [Big Grin]

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
<manhasset>
posted
Customstox,

About the Blackburn bottom metal for the '36 Mex.
I see Ted offers two types of trigger guard bow styles, the small oberndorf or the blackburn style-more streamline type. Which looks better on this small action or which do you prefer??
Thanks,
Bob

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I will give you a hint about some cost savings with that Mexican Mauser action!

Place it on a little square brown truck to my address.

See I will pay the shipping and so you won't be out a peny on this deal.

Heck doesn't it sound better already?

LouisB [Razz]

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the bold trigger sucks and will require you to either file down the trigger body or mill the floorplate where the trigger should go through..

it will then have teh wrong angle and be too long for a standard fit.

timney on this on, guys, get the mexican version from brownells, and be happy. the trigger will be correct.

as for the shroud (shudder) sure, or replace with a 3 pos safety... and keep a lookout for 36 cocking pieces

i mexicans in 257rob, 708rem, (had in 308) 358win, 376steyr and 458 winmag. what a joy to have
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
<manhasset>
posted
jeffe,

timney discontinued the specific model sp-ms trigger for the Mex. a few years ago. They now group it in under the FN model.The new ones might need a slight modification but they fit.Timney told me the difference in models was the lenght of the trigger sear was different.

I've been using Blackburn recently and they work well and look great. Narrow smooth trigger that sits back in the TG bow.

NECG recently listed the German made ERA model, looks very similar (all steel model) to Blackburns and might be worth a try.

The 1910/36 Mex sure makes into a nice sporter.

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Chic,

Would that hinged Swede metal be up for grabs? I have a couple of potential uses for it...

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zach. I tried to reply to your P.M. But it was not taking P.M. at this time. Can you enable the function and I will reply to your request.

TCLouis, thanks, but I have been planning this for a while. Back when I got it I was a poor college student. Now I have money, so now I want to play.

By the guys, the same gun shop that I went to has a M1936 Mexican Mauser that has been sporterized. It is in .308x1.5, and it comes with reloading dies. The only problem is that, it has a left hand thumbhole stock. However, the price is right. [Big Grin] If anyone is interested let me know.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Big17,
you've got a pm
jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big 17,

Sorry about that, it is turned on now. Thanks!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Reply sent.

Zach,

Reply sent.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fair deal, $350, but not enough to tempt me to buy it, as I would be buying it for action only

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

I was thinking someone could ream it out to 308 Win. and put it into another stock for us right handers.

It would probably be better then buying some P.O.S. at Wally-world.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
it's TONS better than anything that aint a classic model 70 at wally world... in fact, my 358 is a rem-mexi-colt

it's a model 1910
rem bolt handle and takeoff sights
colt ultralight stock...

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

I just looked at it again, it does have the burled cocking piece. Similar to a 1903 Springfield.

I sent you another P.M.