THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need left shell stop pin for Ithaca 37 2&3/4 12ga

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need left shell stop pin for Ithaca 37 2&3/4 12ga
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi folks, Need some help please, I've tried Brownells, Numrich and Midway for this part and have had no luck. I have an older Ithaca 37 12ga, 2&3/4 only. There is a little pin that holds the left shell stop in place, this pin has broken and I need a new one. I have the shell stop and the small spring that goes behind the shell stop. If anyone has one or knows someone that might I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks Joe

jcsalmen@aol.com

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I have one also but, I don't know where you would get the parts if Numrich doesn't have one. Is the pin perfectly round? If it is a plain round pin, get a drill index both number and letter size and find the one that fits best. Either buy a single drill and cut it to length or take the one from the index and you have it.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it is a plain round pin, get a drill index both number and letter size and find the one that fits best.

I've lost count as to the number of times I've had to make my own pin replacement. As stated if it round it is easier to make than try and find a replacement.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.jackfirst.com or www.e-gunparts.com they should have that screw.If not come back here and i,ll look and see if i have one. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
they should have that screw

Sorry I hadn't looked at a drawing so when you said pin I assumed a straight smooth pin. Looking at the drawing I see it is a screw. If you can't find one it can still be made if you can find a long screw with the right thread. Smooth down of the leading edge as needed cut it off and cut a slot for a screw head.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Here is the web address of the guys making the 37 now .
Ithaca Guns

quote:
If you would like to purchase a new gun or gun parts, please call (419) 294-4113

I need a few small parts my self to fix mine , but I think I have what I need in the junk drawer.

I like to get new parts form the maker if posible

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I didn't realize it was a screw. I just assumed it was a pin with a small screw holding it in. I really apreciate the info. Have a great day! Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure I have some. You can find contact information on my web site.

www.duanesguns.com

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote