New
Find
Notify
Tools

+P ammo in PPK is engaging the safety
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone heard of this being a problem in a Walther?
Every 3rd or 4th shot it would de-cock it

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not the thumb or support hand? Would it decock and place the safety on i.e. pivot the little hammer block into place? I assume so.... I just can't think of that pivoting without being pushed there. My dad shot a PPK for many years and I never saw this, but +P wasn't really around.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have seen this before and it is always the thumb that caused it.
Not saying that you don't have an issue with your pistol.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought the same thing so I shot it one handed and with my support hand thumb sticking way out, it did the same thing.

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
The Recoil of the Plus P is overcoming the power of the Detent to hold the safety in position. I presume anyway if the thumb is ruled out.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Is the safety easy to move?

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
People still shoot PPK's? Big Grin

Posts: 3059 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
People still shoot PPK's

A .380 PPK is my carry gun.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave
Some many years ago lots of DEA Agents packed 380s, mostly PPKs as a matter of fact..That lead to some bad results too many times, so they all went to 9MM Luger caliber, and compact lt. wt. 1911s.. mostly Brownings HPs back then..For what its worth too many bad guys didn't go down for the count and shot back after properly place .380 bullets of all sorts.....

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote