THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    TCR87 single shots, what is possible to make them nicer?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCR87 single shots, what is possible to make them nicer?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
Anyone have one they restocked or worke don the steel to make it more like a Blaser K95?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I was pretty well pleased with mine as it was. Could have used better wood but could not really fault the factory wood either in shape nor grade. Just rather plain and mine was the 'Aristocrat' model. Trigger guard was of an unusual shape and could probably be modified for a better appearance. Mine was a 219 Donaldson Wasp and I wish I had it back.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
There's one in the Vegas Basspro, been there for about a year now at $1399 223/7mm mag.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage...id=4377&mode=viewGun

Posts: 6438 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just completed a conversion of a TCR87 that my uncle owns. He has 4 or 5 barrels for it and really wanted a muzzleloader barrel to go with it. I used an extra 308 win barrel he gave me and bored out the chamber of the barrel and threaded on the lathe, then swapped ends and threaded it on a slave mandrel I threaded on the lathe. After boring out the front end I fitted a 45 caliber 1-28 twist barrel from Brux barrels and machined the breech end of the barrel for a 209 breechplug and fitted ramrod pipes and made a new forearm hanger that allowed the rod to pass through. Turned out very well if I do say so myself and it shoots the dead center bullets less than an inch at 100 yards... Really fun project and it made a very nice muzzleloader to go with the rest of his barrels.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1174 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a TCR 87 aristocrat in 243Win I can't get to shoot worth a flip! Anybody know any tricks to making these rifles shoot better????

Posts: 41861 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote