Find
Notify
Tools

Brno M21 Strength
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted
I'm chasing opinions on whether or not the Brno M21 is strong enough to build a 7mm Rem Mag on? All opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ralf Martini and a local CO built a .338WM on one and it seems just fine; this is a very strong and well made action. I re-chamber the 22H longer barreled rifles in 7x57 to .280Rem. and never have a problem, for what that is worth.

I would not use one of these little gems for a belted round and would search out a Parker-Hale Hussar with the ZG-47 action for a "Big Seven", but, I doubt that using the 21/22 action would present problems....the HVA was chambered to 7 Mag.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Dewey, anyone else?

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
For some insight, look Here!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am having a 270 Winchester built on a Brno 21 action. As you probably know, the Brno 21 is a small ring action, which allows for a lighter weight rifle.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
Duane is also building me a 270Win on one of these. Looking good too. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For one..I really appreciate this "vote of confidence" The 270..which I've put together a lot of M-21's based on this action..There's hardly a higher pressure cartridge..If I were to build an action..it would be a clone M-21......................No...not gonna do it!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:
For one..I really appreciate this "vote of confidence" The 270..which I've put together a lot of M-21's based on this action..There's hardly a higher pressure cartridge..If I were to build an action..it would be a clone M-21......................No...not gonna do it!

You know you want to, put me down for 2! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
What 7mmMagnum said!Smiler

And I'll take 1.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The largest cartridge I have seen a 22F rebarreled to was a full stock .358 Norma magnum, with a 23.5" barrel. It was done in the early 1960's and sold thru Continental Arms in New York.

The action seemed to be holding up just fine, but it was cracking the stock at the tang and inside the mag well.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote