New
Find
Notify
Tools

M1999 Update
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
LH long actions, another month anyway. That's what I heard today. That and "thanks for hanging in there".

What the heck.

I can get my $700 interest-free loan paid back without interest or I can wait somewhat less than 6 months (a guess on my part) and have me 2 actions that will sell for $1050 (2 x $525, a 50% return at this point), if I decide to sell them. The low serial numbers could be a plus, and then again, they could indicate to a savvy buyer that these actions were released before certain (hypothetical) un-fixable bugs were worked out of the system. I'm still having fun with the charter program, and I don't guess I'd be any less happy if I had 20 on order instead of my 2.

The fellow on the phone might have said "at least a month" right off the bat. I asked whether he was saying about a month or at least a month. He replied it would be at least a month.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Henry,
I'm in the same boat with you! I'm waiting for my LH Long Action also.

I'm probably worse off because I ordered a serial # 404. Trying to be patience and trying to remember this is a startup. Worst thing about this is that the action is for a present for a friend. I already have the RH Long Action at John Ricks for my 404 Jeffery.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, can I be your friend too? I would like another LH long action if they ever send them... I kept bugging them and they shipped my LH SS short action to me--w/o the bottom metal which is causing the massive logjam--on Tuesday so that my gunsmith could go ahead with fitting the barrel and chambering it. They are going to send me the bottom metal whenever they receive it from their supplier. This is all I know.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I had a call from MRC yesterday. I was told that I'm one of the lucky few. My LH chome moly short action has been sitting there waiting until the LH long CM was ready. It seems they have both about ready to ship, but only a dozen of the Long Magnum LH's are ready, due to some delays in other parts. I'm fortunate that I have number "11".

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I actually got in line before there was a line. My number is an early one, and I can report that I received a letter from MRC this week wondering where my FFL is (to ship the action). I guess progress is progressing.

I called them to remind them that I sent them a letter, followed up with a phone call and confirmed the call with an email -- all saying the action is to be shipped to Jim Brockman. It looks now like the action is going where I asked, Lord Harry willing and the creek don't rise.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, which action did you get?

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I received a call last week indicating that my LH long action stainless action with magnum bolt face was finished. I was very early in the charter program. Sounds like things are progressing. They are barreling the action and then sending to McMillan.

Thanks,

Todd

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
sambubba,

I originally ordered a pair of actions: chrome-moly, standard length, .375 H&H size magazines, one right hand and one left hand. The right hand action shipped last year, and I have been waiting for the LH action.

The first rifle is built as a .458 Lott, and the second will be too. These are the prototypes for the "JimSquare" rifles that Jim Brockman is building from the requirements I put together. The goal is reliable PH working rifles at a "cheap and cheerful" price. I got into this to get left-handed rifles for friends working in the trade.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I've been off the net for a week travelling so I'm glad someone posted something about this. I'm waiting for a single digit serial number, LH, SS, short action but it'll only be a couple of weeks LMAO!. Well, I leave for a deep sea fishing trip off of Mexico tomorrow so I'll check again when I get back next Saturday.

Posts: 12586 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote