THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    insturctions for Precise Metalsmithing 2 position safety

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

insturctions for Precise Metalsmithing 2 position safety
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a PM 2 position safety many years ago and never installed it. i have a rifle that it needs to go on now, but I lost the instruction sheet. Tried calling the number on the safety package and it is a fax #. Tried google but never could find their web site. Does anyone know their phone number or have an instruction sheet they can scan and email me?

Thanks!

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a do it yourself guide on a Swede.
http://www.gswagner.com/swede/pmssafety/pmssafety.html
I also saw a reference to Jim Wisner being involved with it and if so, maybe he can help you out
http://www.wisnersinc.com/

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Try Brownell's. Seems as though I recall they had a .pdf file with the install instructions in it; I could be wrong though.

Doesn't Mr. Wisner make these?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a copy if you still need one. Got a fax number?
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little confusing here; is the machining already done on the shroud and lever installed or do you need the instructions on how to modify the sleeve for the lever. If you just need to fit the completed affair to the bolt, give me a call.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just need th einstruction sheet fo rhow to install it. I have all of the parts and a shroud, just need the paper. Have not modified the shroud yet and need to see how it should be done. I think I bought this thing back in the '90's but I have always used 3 position safeties or Beuhler-type safeties.

If you have a copy you can scan and email me, I would really appreciate it. I don't have access to a fax any more.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need your correct email address. The one stored don't work

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
Need your correct email address. The one stored don't work

Hey Jim,
do you make a plug to fill the safety hole when you do yours?
-Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have in the past but not anymore.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437