New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adams & Bennet now Green Mountain
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was just looking @ Midway for an A&B barrel blank. All the "F series" AB barrels are now Green Mountain. Maybe ABs were green Mountain all along?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I heard that they were GM all along.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My Knight has GM barrels...pass

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's been discussion in the past regarding who made AB barrels, a lot of makers were suspect, but no verification. Must have been a cover operation for the CIA.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Midway's pricing pressure will screw up Green Mountain.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard several years ago that ER Shaw was making the A&B barrels. Don't know that to be fact though. It could be that they buy from the lowest bidder?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clowdis:
I heard several years ago that ER Shaw was making the A&B barrels. Don't know that to be fact though. It could be that they buy from the lowest bidder?

I'm sure it has been many people. I once saw confrimed that ER Shaw made barrels, and in fact, their .416 barrel is even stated as ER Shaw.

I'm sure they go with whoever will make the barrels for the least.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clowdis:

ConfusedPer a conversation with ER personal it is true. beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Does that mean my old A&B bbls just became slightly improved? hilbily

I have built a couple rifles on the "No name budget" M-98 bbls from Numrich. I dont know who originaly made them, but I wish I knew. They actualy shoot pretty good for what I paid, better than most factory bbls. Whatever their origin is I dont think they are A&B or Shaw. Seems like I heard once that they were old Wilson stock.. Not sure about that one though.. bewildered Other than the surface rust, I actualy like them better then A&B bbls I have. And they cost less.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote