New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with sights on old 9mm Highpower
 Login/Join

<Dyno>
posted
The sights on a standard mod. 9mm Browning are poor at best and the front sight is no more than a small lump on the slide. I could shoot this pistol fairly well in the 60's but now with old eyes find it impossible. Is there any way to improve or modify these sights that I could do myself. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks , Dyno

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyno:
The sights on a standard mod. 9mm Browning are poor at best and the front sight is no more than a small lump on the slide. I could shoot this pistol fairly well in the 60's but now with old eyes find it impossible. Is there any way to improve or modify these sights that I could do myself. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks , Dyno

The rear sight can be replaced with the easy to see Novak plain low mount rear sight or get the ones with the white dot low mount....the front is more difficult to do your self......a dovetail cut and then the replacement would be easy.....I have seen the front sight built up with two part epoxy such as Accuraglass regular or cut the new front sight blade with a groove in the base and pin it to the factory front sight with crosspins after the front sight is filed to fit the groove in the new sight......a little perm Loctite will help keep it solid....some shops will cut the front sight dovetail for a set price and you can mail them the slide without any restrictions as the frame is the only restricted part as a firearm for mail or UPS service....HTH...good luck and good shooting!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dyno best thing to do IMO, is box up the slide and send it to Heine and have a set of straight "8" sights installed or even his Slant Pro's, their great set up and sharp and clear

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote