Find
Notify
Tools

SOS: South African, Vektor
 Login/Join

<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen
I have plans on getting a magnum 98 action from Vektor, the problem is how do you find this company? I found nothing on the denel corp web site [Mad] [Mad]

I have been looking for a web site or address to get in contact with vektor in South Africa. Is there any South African members on this forum that knows any gun dealers who sell these actions or can help me with information to contact Vektor.

Don't be shy [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cheers
/ JOHAN

[ 11-02-2002, 13:54: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

<Matt77>
posted
Vecktor made a brief visit to the USA market. Then they vanished. For the trouble, you could probably a better quality rifle in Europe than trying to find this company.
However, I have heard their hunting rifles are nice.
A few years ago they tried to introduce this space age looking pistol. They sold some, but then left the USA market. They sold some other pistols in the USA, they might still. Of course you know that this is a South African Company.
Nothing against the RSA people. However, at least in my market this company has been nothing but unstable.

<JOHAN>
posted
Matt77

I have been told that vektor actions are exclisively imported by seachy to USA.

The only option in Europe is reimer johansen action which is very nice, but I would still be interested in an Vektor [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

stubborn [Confused] [Eek!]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
You must be referring to the action that Rob posted at Big Bore last week. Be prepare to pay a good chunk of change if you do find one. There are many Mauser replica magnum actions out there so you may not want to limit yourself to this particular South Africa action.

If you have about $3500 USD to spare, then either a Johannsen magnum action or a Granite Mountain magnum action would be the way to go. I would perfer the action from Germany if I have this kind of money to spend on a custom big bore rifle.

Here is the link for Searcy if you want to give them a call abou the South African action. Good luck.

http://www.searcyent.com/boltrifle.htm

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johan,

I don't know if these would help, but both are South African Gunmakers:

www.truvelo.co.za

and

www.sabirifles.co.za

Do post pictures of your rifle when it is ready.

Good shooting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hola Johan

Please check the following link :
http://www.jagdgewehre.com ,

Karl Ritterbusch it's and amazing and very little known Master Gunsmith , he wiil be able to made what you want on a Mag Mauser action , far better than the R. Johannsen / Prechtl-Golmatic action .

Saludos

Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch Searcy has a bunch of these actions in left hand, maybe some in right hand...They are a great action and cost about $1600. that is a very good deal, considering the others want $3000 to $3500 and the Vektor is as far as I can tell just as well made and finished...It is a little tight but I like that, I can then polish one to where I want it..

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Daniel, in what way do you think the other action is better?

Atkinson, Have you used this action your self ? Is the hardening well made and the action. How do you mean tight? bolt/receiver? I guess it's perhaps a bit to tight for big game use [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Searcy today and he told me they got a Vector action setup ready for the 505 Gibbs at $1800. It takes about two weeks to ship it out. You asked for it and now you got it buddy. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hola Johan
Quality of the workmanship , I check the R Johannsen actions , and they are good ones but not like the original Mausers , the Ritterbusch action are comparable with Hartmann & Weiss , please check the German link of Ritterbusch , ( the English site not have nothing ) , there you have the actions he made the mini , standard , magnum and super magnum ( for .505 and 577 ) , left and right actions ... I'll pass this post to a friend who know something about the steel they are made .

Saludos
Daniel

Posts: 332 | Location: Cantabria Spain | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Mingo:
I spoke to Searcy today and he told me they got a Vector action setup ready for the 505 Gibbs at $1800. It takes about two weeks to ship it out. You asked for it and now you got it buddy. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Mingo

I would prefer a 416 or 375-404, perhaps a 450 rigby. I don't want to be bashed with a cannon like the 505. To much for me to shoot accurately and you can only get three ciggars in the box [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I guess I have to give searchy a call

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand that they make four different versions of the Vector. They got one specifically for the 404 Jeffery and the 416 Rigby and I think Searcy uses the 416 Rigby version to open up for the 505 Gibbs. You may be able to be get either a 404 or a 416 at a lower price. The bolt diameter is only .705" so it should be roughly the same size as the CZ 550. Good luck.

posted Hide Post
Hello Gents!
I see there si a lot of confusion about Vektor actions, quality, configuations and where they currenly are located.
I happen to be the owner of every Vetkor action sold by Denel Landsystems in Pretoria SA.
The Vetkor action comes in 4 cartridge family groups. 375H&H and 300H&H - 416Rigby - 404Jeffery and 500Jeffery. They were never made for the 505Gibbs but can be alterted to take this cartridge. The easiest way is to alter 500Jeffery the action and use a 416 bottom metal as this is the easiest way to accomodate the fat and long 505Gibbs.
Anyone intersted can contact me on the followin mail address armsammo@arms-ammo.no Export to the US is normally granted within 10 days.

As I am too busy to be in here much my mailbox is a much faster way to ask qustions.
I speak the language fluently so do not hesitate to call if need be. My phone no is + 47 41336616

I support ACGG and I am a accociate member hoping to be a full member in the future.

Posts: 1 | Location: The last communist country. | Registered: 06 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi stalker.I am having a custom rifle made on a Vektor action.The rifle is almost ready.Can you give me any information on the steel type used to make this action or any other information on the Vektor action.How does it compare with custom action built today? How is the trigger?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents, I have no Vektor actions for sale and I haven't had any for sale for years. I'm still owed 6K from a barreled action I built for a stockmaker. I have a few left but they are for complete build jobs for my customers.
The only actions(BS1) I have for sale are the falling block actions I make and sale as my stalking rifle.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Butch, does that mean that the information we read on the web is sometimes not true? Wink

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phil, what it means is if you read that on my web site then you or who ever was smoking something funny and was hallucinating. rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
Gents, I have no Vektor actions for sale and I haven't had any for sale for years. I'm still owed 6K from a barreled action I built for a stockmaker. I have a few left but they are for complete build jobs for my customers.
The only actions(BS1) I have for sale are the falling block actions I make and sale as my stalking rifle.

Butch,

That post you are responding to was put up in 2002.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, I guess I should pay more attention. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one of these "Time Machine" rehashed threads!

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Ralf Martini had some in stock for his projects, not for sale.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote