New
Find
Notify
Tools

03A3 trigger pin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I inherited an 03A3 barreled action that someone did a nice job of sporterizing. A problem is that it didn't come with a trigger pin. The holes in the receiver that receive (no pun intended) the trigger pin are different on the two sides; on the driver's side the hole is about 19/32 but on the other side it's about 1/8- much smaller.

I looked a the Numrich site and they have 03A3 pins, but they look to be only one diameter, in other words not stepped down. In De Haus's book they also seem to be one diameter.

Any comments on this? If the holes were the same diameter I could find a drill bit and make a pin, but that ain't the case, and my machinist friend with a lath assumed room temperature a year ago.

The holes in the receiver are not threaded, so what keeps the pin in?.

I've just finished aa stock so I'm ready to go.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 282 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Do not confuse the trigger pin with the trigger retaining pin (sear pin), which is two diameters.
$2.95 from Numrich.
What holds it in? Fricton. And the stock.
All 1903 and A3 are the same. I make them out of drill rod if I don't have an original.

Posts: 17292 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK- I see it, Numrich has it as a sear pin, and it's also in De Haus's book. The trigger pin must be an internal part of the trigger. Many thanks.

jmbn
Old and in the way

Posts: 282 | Location: Lakeview OR | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a mark 1 trigger, the A3 version is missing the rear part.

The pin that holds the assembly to the receiver is has a mushroom head

The pin that holds the sear to the trigger, I never noticed if that pin was tapered. It is held in by the receiver flanges.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
It is not tapered. No trigger pin is tapered.

Posts: 17292 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote