Find
Notify
Tools

A '91 Mauser barrel replacement
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted
I have a '91 Mauser with a rather stunning piece of military wood that I've redone into a pretty decent sporter over the years. For some reason in my dotage I have been thinking it would be better off in a different caliber than it currently is, which is not a 7,65.

Any of you gunsmiths out there willing to indulge a dotty old man by rebarreling it to .35 Remington? It would likely also need a bit of feed ramp modification to feed such large, blunt bullets - I've tried some in the magazine and they run straight into the bottom of the ramp.

Anyway, happy to hear from you.

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 970 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Handload it with 215 grain bullets and it will feed and smoke the 35 Rem.

Posts: 3713 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
True - if it were still a 7,65x53 I'd be very happy to use those 215s or even 174s. Long ago in my mis-spent youth, however, it became something else. I wasn't wise enough back in the sixties to leave well enough alone.