THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the count on the LH 1999 action?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Rod, what is the current count on the LH 1999 long action?

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt. I've got a horse in this one [Smile]

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Rod@MRC>
posted
I'll get to this tomorrow, guys. Because we had to airmail a really big check to Ruger, we had to call everyone on the Short Action list and let them know we were going to run their credit cards and/or cash their checks. 320 folks. Took three days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rod,

Two questions. I think I remember on a previous post you indicated you would have an Australian agent for the actions. Does this look like happening.

Secondly, I have seen some references on a couple of threads to a large action you are making for 416 Rigby/378 Wby etc. If so, what would the costings on this action be.

Thanks.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sambubba,
I just ordered a LH Longaction today and as best I can remember Dan said they had somewhere in the neighborhood of 96 on order. I may be off on the exact number as I was concentrating on other questions, but it was in the mid to high 90's.

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Rod@MRC>
posted
Mike375:

The talks with all three exporters ran into a wall when we realized what they would charge you guys for their "LOW-value-added" services. In some cases it would have increased the final cost of the action by 50%.

Last week, Montana Rifle Company sent the $600 check to the U.S. State department for our own export license. It is our understanding that we submit your country's paperwork along with a simple form and a small fee ($10 or something like that) and then they approve the transaction for that individual. It is a one time approval and then we ship (and pay that fee) with each order.

We would likely ship Fed Ex as they operate their own delivery services in most countries.

As soon as we digest the forms and get a good handle on the process, we'll post here and let you know what you need to send us.

On the PH action, it's not off the drawing board yet, so its difficult to set price. However, if the costs come in like we think they might, we should be retailing in the $650 range.

Lewis50: Your number sounds about right, but I did not want to misset expectations until I checked.

Rod

[ 03-04-2003, 06:37: Message edited by: Rod@MRC ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rod@MRC:
The talks with all three exporters ran into a wall when we realized what they would charge you guys for their "LOW-value-added" services. In some cases it would have increased the final cost of the action by 50%.

Last week, Montana Rifle Company sent the $600 check to the U.S. State department for our own export license. It is our understanding that we submit your country's paperwork along with a simple form and a small fee ($10 or something like that) and then they approve the transaction for that individual. It is a one time approval and then we ship (and pay that fee) with each order.
Rod

Rod, this sounds like good news. I'm sure you'll find quite a bit of paperwork involved, though. I know of only one company that seems geared for this export business - Sinclair. Check what they have to say about exports: Sinclair Export Page.

About the exporters wanting to get on the band-wagon with a big payoff - I'm surprised this had never occurred to you? Heck, in Europe this is what we get all the time, so maybe we are more used to this scheme of things... [Mad]

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote