Find
Notify
Tools

What's that? Please answer!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Okay, here is another round of questions. Yous dont have to answer all of them:

What is the length of threading on AR-15 barrels?

Are Brownells dies in high speed steel any good?

Does bushmaster do anything right?

Is Numich gun parts company any good?

What is the crappiest gun you have ever seen?

Where can I get the highest quality 6-position
stock for an AR-15?

Is cheaper Than Dirt any good?

WWAAZZZZUP!?!?!?!? [Wink]

What is the best 4 1/2" Flash suppressor, and
where can I get it?

How do you install an AR-15 front sight?

Where can I get AR-15 front sights in pre-ban configuration?

Posts: 80 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 01 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

It's a toss up between the Jennings pistols and the AR-15/M-16 and all it's clones.
Not what you wanted to here I'm sure, but you asked.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailgunner:

It's a toss up between the Jennings pistols and the AR-15/M-16 and all it's clones.
Not what you wanted to here I'm sure, but you asked.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

That's how you get'em coming back for more!!!

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thread length on an AR-15 muzzle is about 1/2-inch. Crappiest gun I've ever seen is any SKS. AR-15 front sight base is a shrink-fit; you heat it up with a torch and slip it on quickly before it cools. If you misalign the gas ports in the barrel and sight base, you ain't got clinton for functionality and you must press it off. There are two kinds: cast and forged. Cast has a flat backside; forged has a casting rib on it. They also come in standard weight barrel and heavyweight; different diameters under the base. DPMS sells sight bases; I think the p/n is BL-18 and cost is $35. You can usually find pre-ban bases at gunshows still attached to a torched-off barrel stub. Prices are negotiable. I would guess the best 6-position stock would come from Colt; send house payment with order. Rock River Arms has a Zytel nylon plastic 6-pos for $90, Brownells p/n 739-000-004. You might want to check DPMS for the stock; I got an all-aluminum one from them many, many years ago for about $75. Cheaper Than Dirt has really nice catalogs; don't know if they can deliver those hi-cap mags they always advertise.

[ 07-12-2003, 22:23: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote