Find
Notify
Tools

Broken Win 1300 extractor...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted
Last night I was cleaning my shotgun, and as I was taking the action apart, I dropped the bolt onto the floor and broke the extractor claw off even with the bolt face. Mad

Now I'm wondering if this is going to be a big hassle to get repaired. Is a shotgun extractor a registered part?

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is not a part that an FFL is needed to buy. you can buy one from www.jackfirstgun.com At least you were trying to take care of your gun,rather than it breaking from not taking care of it. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by van:
This is not a part that an FFL is needed to buy. you can buy one from www.jackfirstgun.com At least you were trying to take care of your gun,rather than it breaking from not taking care of it. van

Thanks, van. Unfortunately, cleaning my guns has resulted in more damage to my guns than hunting and shooting. About 1 1/2 years ago, I dropped the bolt to my Model 70 and broke the safety.... it took about a year to get it back... Not one of my better experiences!!!

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
An update for future reference....

I took the shotgun to a local gunsmith (Richland Shooters Supply) last evening. This morning it was ready for me to pick up!!! Now that is some very good service. thumb

one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
May I respectfully suggest on your way to or from getting the gun, you invest in one or two of those heavy rubber mats that are made to put on the floor for people who stand a lot.

Bolts and things will bounce up and not break...

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pdhntr1:
May I respectfully suggest on your way to or from getting the gun, you invest in one or two of those heavy rubber mats that are made to put on the floor for people who stand a lot.

Bolts and things will bounce up and not break...

Jim

Jim,

I have been thinking the same thing... I'll find one ASAP. thumb