Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 Bolt - ejector roll pin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Folks

I've just received the parts for a replacement bolt (for a Model 7) but the ejector is not fitted and there is no roll pin to keep it in place.

Its the last day before the Christmas break here so my chances of getting one from a engineering supply in town are slim, but I'd like to try.

Can anybody give me the specific diameter of roll pin I'll need (I don't know how these are sized in relation to the hole they have to fit)

Thanks
Foster

PS - yes I have headspace gauges and will check it before firing it.

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Roll pins are sized to fit the standard hole size e.g. a 1/4" roll pin is correct to a hole drilled 1/4".
You will need to measure the hole size in your bolt head using a drill shank for reference then get a roll pin the same size as the drill shank.

Posts: 3880 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks - thats what I thought, but do you think I could find a reference, its 3/32nd so now I can look for one with confidence.

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find it it not 3/32", but 5/64" should fit. If you can find a 118-piece drill index you can find just the right drill bit to fit, then cut a piece from the shank end to use as your pin.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, yes it was 5/64ths but there weren't any to be had, so got a drill bit to make a pin, then I found a 2.35mm roll pin so adapted it with grinder and vise (just a wee squeeze)