Find
Notify
Tools

Chic Worthing about -Ray Price .375 H&H
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mr Worthing,

I purchased this.375 H&H from Morris Hallowell, if you don’t mind to give me your opinion about this rifle; I would highly appreciate your expertise.

Thank you,
Roland

Ray Price Custom Winchester Model 70 .375 H&H Magnum

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a bit crap. Send to me immediately and I shall ensure that it is properly disposed of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
what i like about it is that the action was altered in appearence to look more like a mauser ,with the bottom metal being a drop box style and the bolt handle made to look like a mauser style, 1/4 rib looks nice as does the barrel band and banded front sight, awsome wood too!!!!

bottom metal,sling swivel band and front sight look to be from dave talley or wisner a gun like this ready to go with scope and all is around 7-8 k but probably advertised for more than 8k.........paul

Posts: 294 | Location: MASSACHUSETTS | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see that both this rifle and the .270 are both gone from Hollowells site already. I bet the next time he has a Ray Price rifle you won't get it for that price.

John

Posts: 565 | Location: illinois | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Roland......you made a fine purchase......

P.S. there is no "k" in Mr. Worthing's nickname. Chic.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, I went to look for them today and noticed the same thing.

Roland, I don't remember that particular rifle. Ray did all his own metalwork so I am sure he built the quarter rib. Paul may be seeing something that I am not but I do not see a drop box magazine. It does look like custom bottom metal and you can verify that by looking at the stamping on the inside of the floorplate. Ray was known to make his own at times and it was hard to tell from the ones from Blackburn. The bolt handle is classic Price work.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the positive contribution.
Chic my apology for the mistake “kâ€, and thank you again for your input.

Happy holidays, thumb

Roland