Notify
Tools

Brownells now sells Remington Actions
 Login/Join

<RVB>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe Remington is finally realizing that somebody that is buying an action for a project wants just a BARE action, not a barrelled action. (If I want a barrelled action, with a factory tube, I'll just buy a complete rifle!).

The price isn't overly competitive as opposed to a complete gun at the Wal-Mart type places, but at least you don't have to pull things off to get to what you want. Besides, maybe if bare actions are finally available from the factory, somebody else will start carrying them & the competition will bring the price down a few bucks.

I hope that this is a sign that Remington is responding to some of the criticism lately, and is becoming more willing to listen to what their customers want.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just went and read the ad closer. It seems as if Remington IS listening. The J-lock (ISS) is gone. It wasn't well received from the beginning, and it looks like they've dropped it already.

Also, this is the polished blue version, not the matte type that is on the bottom dollar ADL's.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
even at their discount, it's cheaper to buy the whole rifle at wally world....

go figure

jeffe

Posts: 39598 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
even at their discount, it's cheaper to buy the whole rifle at wally world....

go figure

jeffe

Can buy an ADL for less and get trigger guard, magazine box, follower et all. Plus new barrel and stock.

Where is the benefit?

Wally

[ 10-13-2003, 19:52: Message edited by: wallyw ]

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by wallyw:
[QUOTE]Can buy an ADL for less and get trigger guard, magazine box, follower et all. Plus new barrel and stock.

Where is the benefit?

Wally

Don't look at this in a negative light. You have to start somewhere, and for Remington to start selling their actions seperately, is a miraculous first start.

Malm

[ 10-13-2003, 20:31: Message edited by: G.Malmborg ]

<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Cold Bore:
I just went and read the ad closer. It seems as if Remington IS listening. The J-lock (ISS) is gone. It wasn't well received from the beginning, and it looks like they've dropped it already.

Also, this is the polished blue version, not the matte type that is on the bottom dollar ADL's.

Gentlemen

who knows. Maybe the makers are playing peeping Tom on this forum?? I would like to see that Remington installed sako extractor from factory and replaced the floorplate with a steel version.

/JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now only if they would sell the 40-X action for us target enthusiast.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
DanD,

I have a Remington M40X action with barrel (extensively shot) that I would like to sell. This is a .308 Win with magazine. $450 plus shipping and transfer.

jim dodd

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington should sell the actions, they sure as heck don't know what to do with them!!!
Somebody could be building 700s right.

[ 10-15-2003, 09:35: Message edited by: Bobby ]

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

I would like to see them build rifles on the M720 pattern that they abandoned when they moved to the M721/722. I have shot some of these rifles, and like them.

Unfortunately there are not many around.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote