New
Find
Notify
Tools

4dreamerrentals
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Out of Kalispell MT. Any of you had experience with these folks?

Posts: 3633 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I just rented 4 reamers from them. Good folks with good service. Reamers cut well. No problems. Much more responsive than Reamer Rentals.
Roger

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have too but I typically don't rent one if I intend to use it more than once. I just buy them.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I generally buy reamers, too. Have >100. But don't get too many calls for .45 Colt or 9.3x57 rifles. The last reamer I bought from JGS was $270. Forty bucks for a one-time cartridge is a good bargain.

Posts: 477 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well...This 505 Gibbs I got from them looks like someone had tried to ream a carbide barrel. I know S..(tuff) happens, but I can't afford to stuff a crappy reamer in a n integral design octagon barrel

I'd have no issue in even a one off purchase if I could find one in less than 60 days...but no luck.

My bitch is that you can't actually TALK to anyone...all emails, (no phone number) met by auto replies.

I'm betting vocal chords will not be needed in another few generations

Posts: 3633 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yeah that sucks.
What reamer costs $270?

one of us
posted Hide Post
"What reamer costs $270"? A 7x65R with custom throat & freebore dimensions. Will probably use it twice. Not to worry--everyone knows all of us gunsmiths are just rolling in money, anyway.
Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
About 5 or 6 years ago I contacted a woman there.

Don't recall if I phoned or e'mailed.
she said to mail a check for so much and she'd hold it til the reamer was returned.

Can't recall the whole deal. It cost $45 plus one way postage. I had it in about a week's time.
Neither they nor I had heard of each other before that one contact. Gunsmith used it and was done over the weekend and I mailed it back that day.

The whole deal was slick and easy. That's the only time I've rented one. IF you got a bad reamer, let them know and I'd bet it would be taken care of promptly.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, I have one you can borrow. I've always had good service with 4D though.

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
About 5 or 6 years ago I contacted a woman there.

Don't recall if I phoned or e'mailed.
she said to mail a check for so much and she'd hold it til the reamer was returned.

Can't recall the whole deal. It cost $45 plus one way postage. I had it in about a week's time.
Neither they nor I had heard of each other before that one contact. Gunsmith used it and was done over the weekend and I mailed it back that day.

The whole deal was slick and easy. That's the only time I've rented one. IF you got a bad reamer, let them know and I'd bet it would be taken care of promptly.

George

PM with your email and I'll send you a close up photo...ya know...clear up the IF part...HAR!

one of us
Picture of Wildcatter
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Bitterroot has you taken care of but another rental option exists for the 505.

https://www.elkridgereamerrent...er-Reamer-p239749565

I always use 4D rentals but I used Elkridge once. I never had an issue with reamers from either company so hopefully your experience is an isolated one.

I did receive a faulty reamer holder from 4D one time but they made it right immediately.

I wish you luck,

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Dave Manson will make any reamer you want.