New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anodize Gun Parts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone anodize parts? I have two Ruger single six grip frames and two ejector housings??

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have the parts stripped of old finish, polished, and ready to go there are several commercial anodizing companies in K.C. John Hackley mentioned them to me when he was still alive. He lived in Blue Springs. I seem to remember a guy who did that down around Edwards,MO. Look up commercial plating/anodizing. If you don't find one in MO. I will dig up the place I have used in Portland, OR several times. Your parts need to be aluminum to be anodized.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Years ago I worked with/for a smith that plated firearms and I blued them. He would also anodize the aluminum parts. Pretty easy to do.

This is pretty much what we did.
http://www.benneynlinda.com/fi..._home_anodizing.html

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I paint them with Brownells Alumahide which works well. It will cost you more to have parts anodized than to buy new ones, probably.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I paint them with Brownells Alumahide which works well. It will cost you more to have parts anodized than to buy new ones, probably.

The anodizing shop I use here has a lot charge of about $95 for aluminum. There are easier anodizing methods for titanium, for what it's worth.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14597 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's what I meant; there is a plating shop here and they will plate most anything for a starting fee of $100. For which you can buy a lot of Ruger ejector housings.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out USAnodizing.com

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1619 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guy's for all the suggestions and help. Rodger

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote