New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lyman digital trigger gauge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have had one for a couple of years. It has worked quite well on both high weight (DA revolvers) and low weight triggers. The only limitation that I have found is that it won't read above 12 pounds, and I have some revolvers with pull weights that exceed that.

Clemson

Posts: 329 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'll try it in a vise before I send it back. My readings have ranged from 6 oz. on one pull to 4 plus lbs. on the next and below and above that, so I was thinking it was fried. I have over 16 rifles and I know some of the triggers have to be better than that kind of a range. Thanks for the input--Don.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same problems with my Lyman also. In tinkering with it I ended up taping a small piece bore cleaning patch to the hook end of the gauge which took care of the plastic to metal contact which seemed a little raspy to me and helped to keep the hook from moving as easily. I also found that if you did not put the gauge hook in the same spot on the trigger every time it would in fact give readings from 3.5lbs to 1.5lbs on my rifles. Hope this helps some...