Find
Notify
Tools

mauser bolt shroud
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of x-51
posted
how hard would it be to make a custom bolt shroud for a 96 mauser? does anyone make a die to cut the special threads or is it something that has to be done on a lathe? the rifle already has a Timney trigger with its own safety. thanks.

Posts: 128 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
You may want to contact Ed Lapour with your question, as I believe he actually manufactures 3 position safeties for 96 mausers, which means that he would surely know how difficult it would be to just make the shroud without the safety.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post

If your looking for a new bolt shroud for the 96 mauser, Sunny Hill Ent. makes them without the wing safety. Looks just like the commercial FN shroud.
Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the picture. I think they are available from a number of secondary sources.

http://www.sunny-hill.com/products/accessories/340.html

The problem with making one is swaging the inside to hold the firing pin. The current production ones are cast.

Wisner makes two position wing safeties to fit both the 96 and 98 military shrouds, and Mr Kobe has posted that he will fit that for you. Because they lock the bolt, I like them better than the trigger safe needed with the streamlined commercial shroud.

Roger

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote