New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Which screw is used to reduce creep? Upper or lower?

THanks

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9 | Location: Goose Creek, S. C. | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The upper is used to set over travel.The bottom is used to set trigger pull. The back is used to set sear ingagement.

Posts: 19620 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the good info. I have a .270 Remington Mountain Rifle and after following the posted directions now have a much better trigger! Just one problem...I can't get the steel magazine sleeve in properly so that the barreled action seats completely back into the stock. Is there some trick to this or something I just can't see?

Posts: 92 | Location: Tracy, CA | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JKuczmarski,

I am going to assume that this is a BDL because the ADL usually has the box attached to the receiver with a screw. Anyway, this is what I do. With the barrel/action upside down in a gun vise, actually sitting on top, I put the magazine box into the receiver. Then lower the stock into place. With the floorplate open put the trigger guard/floorplate assembly into the stock making sure that the magazine box fits the recess of the trigger guard assembly. Put your action screws in place and finger tighten. Take the whole rifle and tap recoil/buttplate lightly on the floor to ensure the recoil lug seated against the stock and double check the magazine box to trigger guard fit and tighten the screws. Close up the floorplate and you're good to go.

Posts: 78 | Location: CA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2 | Location: SE OK | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't screw with it!!!!!!
Put in a Shilen trigger. You will love it.

Lyle

Posts: 968 | Location: YUMA, ARIZONA | Registered: 12 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rear screw sets the sear engaugement, this is where the creep comes from. Too little engaugement, and it won't be safe when closing the bolt hard etc, especially if you've reduced the trigger return spring preload to little or near nothing with the bottom front screw. The trigger MUST return consistantly and reliably. Too little overtravel can allow the sear to drop, but not all the way, so it WILL NOT FIRE, holding it in limbo on the 5 degree ramp on the trigger. It could fire at any time after this and if opening the bolt. Thank you Jay M. for pointing this out a while back. [Wink]

Posts: 913 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote