New
Find
Notify
Tools

rebore question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone had z-hat rebore a rifle bbl. i am looking to have an old pre81 browning rebarreled or rebored if i can afford it. its a 308 now and i thought id strp up to a 33 caliber to see if i liked it as well as my other blrs in 308 and 243.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no, Zeigler never done a rebore for me. Did send a Rem. 30 to Jim Dubell of Clearwater Reboring - a very accurate shooter it is! Had him do various other chores as well. The rifle by the way is chambered now into a .338-06 loaded with NorthFork 225 and 52gr. of RL15. Range @100yds>.6" with a Leup. 1.5x5 -could of grouped better with a more powerful scope but you get the pic.

edit: by the way this barrel "after" the rebore needed very little break in "if" any. It is still shiny and polished like the moment he was done-almost. I may have shot some 50-60 rounds out of it to date. Barrel work by either Danny Pederson, Fred or Jim and perhaps others of the same caliber would give you the same of quality work-surely.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote