New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordered my 1st custom stock.
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Well yesterday I went and did something that I've been thinking about for a year or so. I ordered my first custom made stock for my Win. Mod. 70 in 375 Ackley. I'm having it done by Serengeti Stock Works (the company originally run by Mel Smart). I've chosen a very nice piece of AAA Claro (#6118 on their website), and it will be done in the Merlin style stock, with a slimline cheek piece, Decelerator Pad, crossbolts, sling studs, glass bedded, standard checkering, and the modified tung oil finish with the urethane base. I can't wait!

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. No matter how many you do you will always remember the first one.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Do you happen to have the link to their website? I would like to check them out.

It sounds like your new stock is going to be a real sweetheart. Neat caliber choice to boot.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
William,

Here's the link.

Serengeti Stockworks

Craig

Posts: 530 | Location: Kulpmont, PA | Registered: 31 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Sounds like it will be very nice. I've spoke with thoes guys, seem to be good guys. I have a blank that when dry I may send to them and have them turn it on a pattern they have called a Rhino. I like the Lioness pattern they have also.

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was going to get one of theirs. They are a laminate walnut with thick side panels. The center of the wood through the barrel chanel etc. is cut walnut blank and laminated back together .

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice blank!

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote