Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava Status
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Now that Remington discontinued the 798/799; is Zastava partnering with someone else for the US? It was Daly before Remington, correct?

Legacy Sports had a nice option for a while, but discontinued as well.

Have affordable Mauser importers given up the US market to CZ?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zastava would probably do better if they just imported actions. And they need to return to the in-the-bow triggerguards.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
There was nothing wrong with Zastava barrels either.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:

Phil,

Nothing wrong unless one pays for a barreled action and must rebarrel due to wanting a caliber/cartridge they don't make available.

In the event they have the desired caliber available, one is then limited to their length and contour.

Personally, I'd rather start from scratch with the barrel! But each to his own desires.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am happy with the way my mini-MkX shoots. (barreled action, BC stock) Lots of dead PDs from it.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
quote:

I am happy with the way my mini-MkX shoots. (barreled action, BC stock) Lots of dead PDs from it.

Keith

Like I said Keith, to each his own. I once had a 223 in the mini with factory barrel and a BC stock.

I found the whole shebang a little too heavy for my tastes. And that's all we are discussing here, tastes. I sold the rifle and bought a CZ 527 american. Lighter, longer barrel and a much lighter stock.

Shoots one-hole groups at 100 yards as stock factory! Personal preferrence, my friend, personal preferrence! It's that simple.

Regardles of quality. If it is not what the majority of people want, they won't buy it!
And that does not make them fools or fanatics.
It makes them the people with the money! That's a fact many business men today forget. Just ask GM or Chrysler!

One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting years for the Zastava stainless steel version. Both Legacy, and Remington cataloged them but never actually had them in-stock.

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Siam_Krag:
I have been waiting for years for the Zastava stainless steel version. Both Legacy, and Remington cataloged them but never actually had them in-stock.

BINGO!!! jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any of ya'll need a Mark X barreled action in 300 Win Mag. I know, I know. It's not the Classifides. Just thought I'd interject since the subject was up.

David

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or a .30-06; or another 300 win?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote