New
Find
Notify
Tools

spring steel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the process of repairing an older pistol that needs a trigger return spring. The pistol is to old to find parts so I will need to make them.
I need some adnealed spring steel .0200 to ..025 thick, about .290 wide and a couple of inches long or longer if need be. the spring is a V shape
If anyone knows were I could obtain some spring stock I would be for ever grateful.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
MSC; raw materials or spring stock. Very economical.
M

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolland:
I am in the process of repairing an older pistol that needs a trigger return spring. The pistol is to old to find parts so I will need to make them.
I need some adnealed spring steel .0200 to ..025 thick, about .290 wide and a couple of inches long or longer if need be. the spring is a V shape

If anyone knows were I could obtain some spring stock I would be for ever grateful.

Try gun parts Corp , Numrich ,under gunsmith supplies . They have good v springs of various sizes .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McMaster Carr is also a good source.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Consider using piano wire for replacements for old V and straight springs. Much easier to work with. Although I have made plenty of flat V springs too.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem, have a bunch of .018" x 3/8 wide I just trimmed to length and have the odds and ends stil laying on my work bench.

Also have.025" x 1 3/16" wide stock as well.

Both are 1075 material annealed slit with a # 3 edge.

Sending a PM

Jim Wisner
Life Member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 1484 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pm replied to

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote