New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 Lott - someone had to do it
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Two magazines full, Hornady ENC 500gr solids. They fed good. Empties did too. The recoil was stiff but not painful...all right maybe the sixth was getting there.

Early in the M1999 history, there was concern that the tang would flake out the stock on heavy recoiling rifles. This one should qualify I think, and it did not move. Crossbolts and extra recoil lugs help of course. As does wonderfully hard wood. Weight as fired is 9lb 9oz.

Posts: 106 | Location: Star Meadow, Montana | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!!

Mike

Posts: 324 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
Is the stock really as red< !--color--> as the pictures show? Was it stained or what sort of wood is that? Otherwise very nice.

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess it is that "Purple Heart" stock that Rod has been telling us about. Nice looking stock. Sensible weight for a caliber like that.

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rod, thats about what you wanted to do to mine from the way it looks. Is that the Falcon Coat that you were telling me about?

Joe

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote