New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who rebores rifle barrels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About a month ago there was a thread about this, and I forgot to bookmark the referenced website. If anyone can give me a name and a link i would really appreciate it.

Mark

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe you're looking for Jim Dubell at Delta Guns in Colville, Wa. His phone# is 509-684-5855. His web addy is http://www.deltagunshop.com

Hamilton Bowen had a working relationship with Cliff LaBounty for a number of years. Cliff decided that he had to go and pursue other interests and sold the business to Jim DuBell with all the machinery intact.

BTW, his site is still under construction, but he can still be contacted with above info.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
475Guy, Thanks,

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a problem, that's what these forums are really for, sharing info.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Are you saying Cliff is no longer in the reboring business and if so, when did he get out?

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Cliff had been talking to me about selling his business as far back as 1998 or 99. He was adamant that he wouldn't sell it to just anyone; he wanted someone truly interested in carrying on with it. I haven't spoken to him in 4 years so I don't know when he got out but I do think if he sold it to Jim then that's an endorsement in and of itself.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
There's also Dan Pedersen in Prescott, AZ, at http://www.cutrifle.com

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by renraf:
About a month ago there was a thread about this, and I forgot to bookmark the referenced website. If anyone can give me a name and a link i would really appreciate it.

Mark
Mark, these here folks claim to..... They are all listed in the 2005 Gun Digest, along with addresses, tel #'s, etc.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
475 and tigger,

Just called Cliff's phone # and he is on vacation, but the message indicated to me that Labounty Precision Reboring is still in business. I left a message for Cliff and hope to hear back from him soon.

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Westriver Reboring
Norman Johnson
243 14th Ave NW
Turtle Lake, ND 58575
Try Norm. He has done work for me and did a good job!

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danny Pedersen has done has done several rebores for me and is at present building for me a 10.75x68 bbl with intregal front sight.
The 9.3x64 rebore of a pre 64 M70 in '06 is good for sub one inch groups at a hundred. It accounted for several head of plains game in Namibia last year using 286gr partitions. Bob

Posts: 677 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman Johnson at High Plains Reboring & Rerifling 701-448-9188 email : nrjonsn@westriv.com Great work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deke,
Cliff is still in business ( when he's not out playing on his new motorcycle ! ) but his business now consists of manufacturing rifling machines. He and his now retired wife decided 26 years was enough reboring. We went to 'school' at Cliff's over a period of about 6 months, in several installments, when we could all arrange the time. We moved the equipment over the end of Feb. (05) and have been getting it up and going. We had a lot of reamers and counterbores to replace. We're still not good on all calibers, but we are cutting most everything now.

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post

Just talked to Cliff and he confirmed the sale of the barrel portion of his business to Jim Dubell.

Cliff will still do rechambers and some other work, but not bores.

Deke.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Did not see your email before posting my previous reply. I talked to him a bit about his rifling machines. Cliff had good things to say about you. Good luck with the business.

Have you had a chance to play with any of the short mags, perhaps .358, .366, or .375?

Deke.