New
Find
Notify
Tools

barrel fluting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a gunsmith or rifle builder who can flute a barrel. I have a Thompson g2 contender barrel in 35 remington that i would like to get fluted. The barrel is stainless steel and has no taper it is .870 throughout. If anyone outthere can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Chad

Posts: 161 | Location: houma louisiana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there are many others but, I know this guy and he does very good work.

David S. Sullivan
640 Briggs Street
Erie, CO 80516

Phone: 303-828-3823

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Mike Brazda at Bayou Teche Guns in Arnaudville, LA can do that. He does everything else and has 30 yrs. experience. Give him a call at 337-754-5115.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John from Eagle Machine does fluteing. He spends time on this site as Toomany Tools. Send him a PM.

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only had one barrel fluted and Mark Bansner did it. Good job, good price, fast work. If you send it to him right now, he will likely have a very fast turn around. THis is his slow season. But of course you would need to talk to him to verify this

Bansner's

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote