Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold European 30 Riflescopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Maybe not the right forum category, but I thought I saw someone's custom here with a Leupold Euro-30mm.

I have a Mannlicher Sch. M1952 with 30mm mounts. The current scope is shot to say the least.

For the less than $400 price tag would the Leupold with a German #4 recticle be a good scope and a good buy? Does it have the same Leupold quality as thier other scopes? I have heard mixed reviews. My other option is to get 1 inch G&H rings and put a Zeiss Conquest on it?!?!?!?!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
It is a good scope, and i would pick it before any Conquest - any time! And I have installed quite a few of both! If you want a better twilight scope, go with a Zeiss Victory.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one (1.25x4) on a 458 and it has proved to be very serviceable. I bought it from The Optic Zone for about $350. I got the German #4 which I like a lot.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Sort of on another subject, but where would you put it win comparison to a Bushnell 4200 and a Zeiss Conquest?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
It's a good looking scope, but it's performance is on par with a VX1. It works and I've taken a few deer with it, but for the cash you can do MUCH better. It doesn't have high resolution and it's not very bright. I would take a Conquest any day over this scope. There are a lot of scopes that can better the optical performance of this scope. I say pass.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 333_OKH:
Sort of on another subject, but where would you put it win comparison to a Bushnell 4200 and a Zeiss Conquest?

I like both scopes but would give the edge to the Conquest.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I hunt in the fog and rain/mist a lot. That Rainguard on the Bushnell is amazing, but I thing I will put a Khales on the custom.