New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 660 floorplate - triggerguard
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone come up with a reasonably priced replacement for the plastic floorplate trigger guard of a Rem 660? You would think that someone would have developed a synthetic stock with an intregal trigger guard and blind magazine. I would gladly give up a round of magazine capacity to get rid of that squirrley soft plastic thing. I had one in a 243 that warped once, probably because I left the magazine full all the time, but boy was that ugly.

Posts: 247 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
There's been several on the market over the years. The last I heard a couple of years ago there was an outfit in Grand Junction, Colorado That sold them in the white and also blued. The price was about $135. Don't recall the name of the outfit but it shouldn't be difficult to locate.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Numrich advertises steel replacements for $69.95, if you consider that reasonable.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=811200A&chrSuperSKU=811200&MC=

Posts: 62 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 16 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wyo. Looks like just what I need.

Getting any moisture? I think this is the driest spring we've had since the drought started here at Manville.

Posts: 247 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am building a custom 660 right now and will end up using an ADL triggerguard. If you are still looking for 660 bottom metal and possibly a stock I will let them go very reasonably.

Posts: 83 | Location: ND | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote