Find
Notify
Tools

Dumoulin of Herstal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

Anyone know what the dovetail dimensions are on the mauser style actioned Dumoulins? Standard weaver, Brno style, sako style or their own proprietary dimensions?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone?

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
Are you sure there is any dovetails when rifle lefts the factory ? Those Dumoulin rifles which I have seen have either swing mounts or claw mounts.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igorrock:
Are you sure there is any dovetails when rifle lefts the factory ? Those Dumoulin rifles which I have seen have either swing mounts or claw mounts.

That is a good question. I owned several Dumoulin bolt actions some years ago, and all of them were drilled & tapped for standard American mounts such as the Redfield, Buehler, Leupold, Weaver, etc. I did not know they were made with dovetail mount bases until I read the original post in this thread.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has dovetails and is a new (old stock) rifle. I was very tempted but not knowing the dovetail size has put me off.

It is also drilled and tapped but I refuse to use bases on a dovetailed rifle!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dumoulin

They make rifles and have a website. Do a google search of "dumoulin rifle" and you will find it. The website shows and discusses the dovetail mounts. They don't give specifics, but they look like a straight dovetail, not a tapered style like Sako. That said, I think they used to use Sako actions for some of their rifles. They don't look to be grooved, so I don't think a Weaver or Warne ring is intended. A Talley might work if it is the right width.

I think the website has a contact page. You might e-mail them.

i thought it was interesting that they discussed the fact that they had a flat topped grooved reciever so you didn't have to use screw on bases. However, if you look at the picture of the reciever, they drill and tap the flat top between the grooves for bases.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, if you look at the picture of the reciever, they drill and tap the flat top between the grooves for bases.

That´s very usefull if you want to install swing mounts or claw mounts.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Art S.:
quote:
Dumoulin

They make rifles and have a website. Do a google search of "dumoulin rifle" and you will find it. The website shows and discusses the dovetail mounts. They don't give specifics, but they look like a straight dovetail, not a tapered style like Sako. That said, I think they used to use Sako actions for some of their rifles. They don't look to be grooved, so I don't think a Weaver or Warne ring is intended. A Talley might work if it is the right width.

I think the website has a contact page. You might e-mail them.

i thought it was interesting that they discussed the fact that they had a flat topped grooved reciever so you didn't have to use screw on bases. However, if you look at the picture of the reciever, they drill and tap the flat top between the grooves for bases.

Thanks - I've e mailed both addresses (found a couple of websites) but no joy. I suppose I don't have much use for a big game hunting style (safari irons etc) 22-250.........