New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK Guys, is there any chance in hell...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
of getting a small pile of 9.3x66 Sako brass into the USA?

I just have an itch to take one of my old A-V actions and slap on a new 9.3mm tube. A few hundred cases would last a lifetime or three. Dave, Hugh or Dave could whip up a reamer in a trice. I WOULD SHARE it.

Seriously, if three or four of us commit to the project we could likely get Huntingtons to order up a case of cases, and the reamer would be FREE (i.e. no cost to y'all).

Do we need it? No.

Does it do anything that we don't already have four or five perfectly suited cartridges for? No.

Is its niche as thin as the gap between two tiles on the space shuttle? Yes.

Is it worth having one just to hold while Mr. expert next to you at the range is telling you that no such cartridge exists? Absolutely.

If three others are willing to jump on this voyage to the sea of frivolusness I will do the legwork.

Maybe I'll call it the .366 Scovill and get a write up into Handloader magazine.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
of getting a small pile of 9.3x66 Sako brass into the USA?

I just have an itch to take one of my old A-V actions and slap on a new 9.3mm tube. A few hundred cases would last a lifetime or three. Dave, Hugh or Dave could whip up a reamer in a trice. I WOULD SHARE it.

Lawndart,

I would be interested is getting some of the brass and making up a rifle myself.

Thanks,
HOOT

Seriously, if three or four of us commit to the project we could likely get Huntingtons to order up a case of cases, and the reamer would be FREE (i.e. no cost to y'all).

Do we need it? No.

Does it do anything that we don't already have four or five perfectly suited cartridges for? No.

Is its niche as thin as the gap between two tiles on the space shuttle? Yes.

Is it worth having one just to hold while Mr. expert next to you at the range is telling you that no such cartridge exists? Absolutely.

If three others are willing to jump on this voyage to the sea of frivolusness I will do the legwork.

Maybe I'll call it the .366 Scovill and get a write up into Handloader magazine.

lawndart

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lawndart,

I screwed up my reply to you. My message is in the center of your post.

thanks,
HOOT

Posts: 791 | Location: La Luz, New Mexico USA | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote