New
Find
Notify
Tools

win 70 magazine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
ive got a model 70 in 270wsm its a few years old maybe 4/5? i really like a drop out mag and was wondering if there is a way to convert it over. if not with a removable mag atleast with a hinged floor plate to allow the bullets to drop out. thanks for any info.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't your rifle already have a hinged floorplate? I am not aware of any M70 produced with a blind magazine in the past few years.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no it doesn't have one it is just a plate on the bottom. there are 2 screws on the bottom also if that helps. ive looked into the none really. it may be older than what i said it was my dads gun that he bought new around the time the wsm came out and he never used it so he passed it along to me. one of the main things i don't like on the gun is the lack of a removable mag or atleast a hinged floorplate with spring follower to just drop the ammo from the gun. i hate haveing to cycle the bolt to unload it.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
You must have something similar to the "Ranger" model somewhat like the Remington 700 ADL that doesn't have anything but a trigger guard. William's Firearms sells a beautiful Oberndorf style trigger guard and floorplate at about $175 delivered. They are very nice.

http://gunloads.com/clients/wi...b31239f0047bc7e2e652

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote