Find
Notify
Tools

suggestion for stock for Mark X
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I have a Mark X in .308 that is shooting erradic. I'm certain it's a bedding problem with the crappy synthetic stock that looks like the previous owner bedded it with play-dough. I have an ad in the Classified section looking for a used/take-off stock.

If that doesn't produce results anybody have a suggestion for an after-market finished wood or laminated stock? I will have it properly bedded. How about a drop-in synthetic...anybody had good results with a particular type. Price is an object as I don't want to hang a 500 dollar stock on a 350 dollar rifle, (aka chrome-plating a turd).

I have two of the Hogue Over-moulded (full bedding block)stocks and like them, but thought I'd open this up for some fresh ideas.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
http://www.boydboys.com/

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go with the Hogue.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
If that doesn't produce results anybody have a suggestion for an after-market finished wood or laminated stock? I will have it properly bedded. .

I would try one of the Accurate Innovations stocks. I have had very good luck with integral bedding blocks (Bell & Carlson), but I have come to enjoy wood mre than plastic.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:
Go with the Hogue.

Exactly Big Grin

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of lofter
posted Hide Post
wish I had a good digital cam and I show you my accurate innovations "chrome plated turd". I got mine purdy well optioned out at $450. But i'm sure performance with just their standard stock will do quite well. Can't help I'm an accuracy freak and a wood-whore all rolled into one. If you go this route you won't be disappointed. Excellent craftmanship go into their stocks.

Anything worth doing is worth doing right the first time.

Posts: 411 | Location: Southeastern Pa | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote