New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use talley rings and bases?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thinking of trying some talley rings and bases on my 300 mag. Looking for some info. on how well they hold up under recoil. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 49 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
TC,

I use the Quick Detatch w/Levers for my 375 H&H, 458 Lott, and 460 Weatherby. No slippage or change of impact. They are nicely machined and a little pricey. If they work well with those calibers, I'm positive they will work with any 300 mag.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I'll second what Longbob wrote. Recoil has not been a problem in my experience. Return to zero is almost perfect.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
I have four sets on various guns. Both types the fixed and QD.

Talley makes a great product and it is truly amazing how much torque you can put on one of those screws.

To me Leupold is lack luster and short on quality contril with many of the base, and watch out with the screws or they will break. This is not the case with he talley stuff.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Talleys or Warnes are both great. I like the looks of the Talley levers better. I use both on Mausers and Brnos with square bridges.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto to what's already been said. I have them on my 416 Rem M70 and they look great and most importantly work very well. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All my scopes are in Talley QD mounts. I would not use any other short of a couple of exceptions one being an old Holland and Holland with Griffen and Howe sidemounts of that era and original to the rifle or my 9.3x62 which has claw basis and I will have someone make some rings for it for my 2.5X Leupold/Alaskan scope..

The Talleys are the best of the best.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote