New
Find
Notify
Tools

D'Arcy Echols - Good Guy Report
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just got my old Mod 70 375 back via UPS. It had a little problem with going off when the safety was released. Decided not to mess around with the locals and sent it to somebody with a reputation. He had it a total of 2 days, made and installed the parts I needed and returned it PDQ. I can't believe the speed and professionalism of his service. If anybody has an old broken Mod 70 they want fixed, I contact Darcy.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 935 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will second this, I had a project rifle that I needed an evaluation and opinion on some things that I could trust. D'Arcy was kind enough to take a look at it for me, I had the same experience, very fast turn around and the report was great, showed how thorough he is. First rate.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
It had a little problem with going off when the safety was released.

Funny. I have one in my safe that does the exact same thing. Thanks for the tip on where to get it fixed.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Olsen in Plains, MT is also good at that, as is Mark Penrod in Indiana.....last dance with Mary Jane...little pink houses...etc.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote