Login/Join

One of Us
posted
T

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1821 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This alone is worth a trip to Reno for any of those who've been hesitant about coming. When such an interesting assortment of fine firearms from the past will again be assembled is unknown. So book your trip now!

SDH, I'm assuming you'll be around autographing the new book? I've held off calling on the presumption you'll be there as I do need a couple as usual.
~Arctic~

A stranger is a friend we haven't met

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little preview, Reno Show 2008

Anonymous:
Jack O’Connor’s Adolph Minar 1903 Springfield.

Charles
Unknown 1903 by same maker who made the rifle both I and Monte have.
A Griffin & Howe Take-down
VL&D marked rifle made by Owen
Two, Tom Shelhamer Mausers
Alvin Linden Mannlicher style rifle
Sedgley 1903 Springfield, a typical one.

Terry
1891 S & W pistol, engraved by Lynton McKenzie, cased with 1908
Olympic gold medal
Zischang Borchardt sporter .25-35
Bob Owen Shotgun
Griffin & Hobbs and/or John Dubiel low wall sporter(s) .25-20 or .22 LR (bring them both or pick one)
G & H 1897 Westley Richards .222
Pope Mauser/Griffin sporter 7 x 57
G & H Mauser/Fugger engraved .257 (Did we photo this and #24, the .350 G&H? Both are cased)
Hoffman/Kornbrath 28 gauge
Hoffman/Kornbrath 20 gauge

Paul
Wundhammer 1903 Springfield

Michael
Kirkwood 1903 Springfield
Bob Owen Remington Model 12

Mark
Full Military 1903 Springfield by G&H
John Dubiel High-Wall
Krag by Shelhamer
Ned Robert’s Krag Sporter
Townsend Whelen's Adolph Krag
Bob Owen .257 Mauser illustrated in Dunlap's book
A fancy Sedgley of his choosing

Monte
Harvey W. Rodgers
Plus, Will fill every blank space with as many Kornbrath & Fugger rifles as we may need 10-15

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

I'm making my first trip to the show, and I'm very much looking forward to this exhibit.

Is there a chance that this exhibit of period pieces will be an annual event?

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't miss this for anything. Michael, everyone owes you a debt of gratitute for helping to pull this together. No one is better qualified to serve as curator.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dangit. I can't believe I won't be able to attend this year. Sounds like a great display and treat for everyone. Kudos Michael.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the kind words but there are a lot of folks working on this, people such as Paul Nickels, SDH, Mark (who post here), Terry, Monte and others. Many are shipping guns at their expense from as far away as NYC. In years past folks such as Dennis Potter and Jerry Fisher have also tried to make this happen. I am thrilled to play a small part in this and look forward to meeting many of you for the first time.

Posts: 808 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
I look forward to seeing this display. A former employer had a small collection of custom Springfields. Pair of G&H with horn schnabels and english cheeks in a case, a few by RG Owen, one really old and one really new, and another one by a little known maker that some guy wanted pictures of so he could write an article about it. He also had a fantastic Ottmar that looked like Burgess did the metal work. Of the lot I probably would have taken the newer Owen.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1860 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the people.

A good percentage of the contributors who get everything right on AR will be there.

I've got a tough sell ahead of me--trying to convince the boss to let me go--but I want to Reno bound.

I had a great time two years ago.

flaco

One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Here's a bad pic of that RG Owen I'd love to have.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1860 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
Mark told me about this several weeks ago saying "There will be guns by all the greats. If you can find an excuse you should come". Wink

I am certainly glad it is going to happen and needless to say I will be there. I am also looking forward to being able to thank any of the people in person who helped make this possible.

"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote