Find
Notify
Tools

scrapers w/blades
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Some day I may make my own scrapers but for now I'm using a Bahco carbide scraper with Linbide/Bahco blades.

Posts: 6442 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can this be found down at the Home Depot or off the internet?

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought mine at Woodcraft. Either store or internet.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Do you use them for barrel channel and other inletting as well?

I have some of these (differnt brand) around somewhere. I bought them 10+ years ago to renovate an old classic house where we stripped all the windows and doors to old varnish and then reoiled them.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11023 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I think I got them off amazon. I use them on a bit of everything, but I have one of the stacked washer cutters for barrels.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
I think I got them off amazon. I use them on a bit of everything, but I have one of the stacked washer cutters for barrels.

What is that? Can you please post a photo and explain how one can make one of those.

Thanks

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11023 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Woodcraft doesn't carry them now. They seem to be dropping all the good and handy tools faster than they can change the catalog and website. They opened a new big store near me late last year, and seem to never have what I need. I bought a new bandsaw there at Christmas and discovered they don't stock wood cutting blades to fit. Sort of like the Sportsman's warehouse across the street which has three rows of Browning X-bolts in stock, but report they don't sell very well. Could be because they don't carry one scope base to fit.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote