New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bedding?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need some advice on bedding a savage 210 bolt action slug gun. It is obvious it is moving in the stock and accuracy is not what it once was, I have never bedded a gun of any type. But I am fairly handy and have had lots of dealings with epoxies. The question I have is what would be the best bedding compound to use? The stock is just your typical cheap synthetic savage stock. I know a lot of epoxies don't like to stick to plastic. Any other advice is appreciated. But don't tell me to take it to a gunsmith. I don't have one in my area I trust and I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks. I don't need it perfect. Just need consistent accuracy and to keep the action from moving. Savage has already replaced this stock once because it cracked due to the action moving under recoil. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peresonally..I would not let Savage off the hook..but should you decide on an economy fix, done properly, send it to Gander Mountain Gunsmiths in Wisconsin..guaranteed for a year..

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage did right by me and replaced the stock once. The new stock is fine but the accuracy while within their acceptable range is just not as good as it was with the original stock. I can see there is some movement in the stock and want to prevent future cracking.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
accglass gel by brownnells if it is a syt stock then one has to cut/ drill some locking holes into the stock to hold it in place other wise follow then instructions and it will work find.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote